Working in the Netherlands

For working in the Netherlands different residence permits to work are available. The Dutch immigration service IND employs the following main categories for paid employment:

  1. Cross-border workers
  2. Staying shorter than 30 days
  3. Staying beyond 30 days

Note that separate conditions may apply for nationals and their family from an EU or EEA country or Switzerland.

Blue Umbrella for Dutch tax matters

Living and working in the Netherlands for a time? We can help you with your Dutch taxes, so you don't have to deal with the Belastingdienst yourself. Whether you're employed or own a business, we'll make your life easier and save you money.