A1 form or certificate of coverage

An A1 form or certificate of coverage states that an employee remains insured for social security coverage in another country than the work country of employee. If issued by the Netherlands (by the Sociale Verzekeringsbank or SVB, a state body) employees remain covered for Dutch social security while working temporarily outside the Netherlands. To work outside of the Netherlands under this condition, most countries require such a statement.

Employees or self-employed persons can only apply for an A1 or certificate of coverage if he or she is going to work temporarily in a country of the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) or in a treaty country (such as Australia, Canada, India, Japan, U.S. among others).

Need help with applying for an A1 form or certificate of converage?

Contact us

Blue Umbrella for Dutch tax matters

Living and working in the Netherlands for a time? We can help you with your Dutch taxes, so you don't have to deal with the Belastingdienst yourself. Whether you're employed or own a business, we'll make your life easier and save you money.