How Do You File FBAR

Filing the FBAR is different from filing your Federal Tax Return. The FBAR is filed separately to the Department of the Treasury–not the IRS.

To file the FBAR, you’ll use FinCEN 114 and submit it electronically through the BSA e-filing site.

The process is straightforward and requires you to gather all pertinent account information and enter it into the online system. You can have a third party prepare it for you (i.e., a certified tax preparer), but you must file FinCEN 114a to give the party authority to do so.

Blue Umbrella for Dutch tax matters

Living and working in the Netherlands for a time? We can help you with your Dutch taxes, so you don't have to deal with the Belastingdienst yourself. Whether you're employed or own a business, we'll make your life easier and save you money.