What Needs to Be Filed

The largest number of FBAR filers will just be reporting their foreign bank account balances. However, you must also report:

  • Foreign stock or securities held in a financial account at a foreign financial institution (the account itself must be reported, but the contents of the account do not need to be reported separately)
  • Financial account held at a foreign branch of a US bank
  • Foreign mutual funds
  • Foreign-issued life insurance or annuity contract with a cash value

Blue Umbrella for Dutch tax matters

Living and working in the Netherlands for a time? We can help you with your Dutch taxes, so you don't have to deal with the Belastingdienst yourself. Whether you're employed or own a business, we'll make your life easier and save you money.