How to Report Joint Accounts on the FBAR

If you and your partner only hold joint accounts, have your spouse sign FinCEN Form 114a to allow you to file the FBAR on their behalf.

If your spouse has other accounts that you are not on (i.e., individual foreign financial accounts), they must file their FBAR separately. When filing separately, you must both include your joint accounts on each of your individual FBAR forms.

Blue Umbrella for Dutch tax matters

Living and working in the Netherlands for a time? We can help you with your Dutch taxes, so you don't have to deal with the Belastingdienst yourself. Whether you're employed or own a business, we'll make your life easier and save you money.